Followers

Sunday, May 19, 2013

MOTHER

This Mother's Day was the most difficult one I have had. My mother passed away in November. It had been one year since I saw her. She had been very ill so I had a trip planned but she passed before I got there. This is one of the biggest regrets I have. It made Mothers Day a day of reflection for me. It has made my journey through the grieving process much more difficult. I know in time it will get better. I see her in my granddaughter and it brings tears to my eyes. Miss H. Is so much like my mother and I never realized until recently. It will be a great struggle but someday I will be able to celebrate Mothers Day again with fond memories as the deep hurt heals and Gods grace and mercy prevail. I love you mom!

1 comment:

KathyB. said...

Jim mentioned in a kind of sad way this was his first Mother's Day without his mother. I am so sorry this has been so hard for you all.

God has been so good to you in blessing you with grandchildren to have close to you and Paul and it makes things a little bit easier to hold them, love them, and know your parents' great-grandchildren are a living legacy to them.