Followers

Wednesday, January 8, 2014

SOUR CREAM COFFEECAKE


This is my go to COFFEECAKE . I first had it when spending a few days with my sister who lives in Chicago. She was nice enough to give me the recipe. When ever I serve this cake I get requests for the recipe. It holds up well over the week but is best if warmed a little as it contains a cup of butter. I found this dish and mug at the craft store about 3 years ago. There are 4 different scenes but this is the one I chose today . 
The wind has died down so it does not feel as cold. It went to 2 above zero yesterday afternoon. It is around 10 below now but will warm up a bit by the weekend. I don't mind the really cold days because I don't venture out for long. I do feel for my hubby and son because they deliver the mail out here in the frozen tundra which can be quite dangerous if you go out unprepared. I know hubby is looking towards retirement in the next few years. 
Happy New Year!!

2 comments:

KathyB. said...

What's the recipe ? And I ask again, how on earth do you stay so tiny & slim when you bake & cook the most delicious and fattening foods? I know you eat them too.

I wish anyone who reads your blog could taste your baking because your baked goods and home-made candies are the best. Really !

Nib's End said...

I agree. What is the recipe? Somehow, I've lost it. I used to make this coffeecake for Christmas morning but switched to cinnamon rolls many years ago. I am notorious for keeping recipes on scraps of paper instead of writing them on cards and keeping them in the file box. I remember the cookbook I took it from but, alas, I don't have that anymore either.