Followers

Monday, February 3, 2014

LOVE YOUR ENEMIES


This has been heavy on my heart as of late. I look around my neighborhood and wonder... What does this mean to me. It starts in 
James 4:17
So whoever knows the right thing to do and fails to do it, for him it is SIN.
I have been struggling with some issues one of which is forgiveness. It has been a slow journey with many set backs. I am determined to do the right thing. Our responsibility is to forgive those who have hurt us. We can't change the other person, only God can, we still must forgive in order to be free and move forward in our lives. I came upon a few verses that have helped in my quest for forgiveness. 
Romans 12:14
Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse them.
Isn't the first thing we want to do in the flesh is curse them? We want to tell our side of the story and get all our friends and family on our side. But God says BLESS THEM. We must have the right attitude.
Luke 6:27
But I say to you who hear, Love your enemies, do good to those who HATE you.
Kind of like rubbing salt into a wound don't you think? It is hard enough after someone has hurt us or people who hate us, but then God wants us to do good to them.
Matthew 5:44
But I say to you, Love your enemies and PRAY for those who persecute you.
Now we not only need to forgive and to do good and bless them but we must also pray for them. I started with this in order to change my heart so I could do the rest and glorify God not me. We need to take me out of the equation and focus totally on what God wants.
We must ACTIVELY love our enemies. This may require great forgiveness on our part. We may need to rely on GOD  for this. He alone will give us the grace we need to offer our forgiveness, no matter how wronged we may feel.
Pray good things for our enemies.
Our attitude must be love.
God loved us first so that we could share that love with others. He desires a complete righteousness of the heart, a total devotion to His purpose for us and in the world. God is the standard we go by not what anyone else is saying. If it goes against God's standard it is WRONG.
Matthew 6:33
But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness, and all these things shall be added into you.
When making choices in life it is good to seek Godly counsel but ultimately we have to live with the choices and we know what God wants for us. Listen to what God is saying.. Luke 6:27... You must have your ears open and take time to listen. Forgiveness will heal your heart. God can heal a life full of hurt and pain. I know it is happening with me.
A few other verse I liked are;;
Luke 6:27-36
ICorinthians 13:4-8
Psalms 27:1-14
If you are struggling with this I challenge you to give yourself over to God who can change you first and then forgiveness is possible and that will change your future.
May God Bless Your!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the reminders.