Followers

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

STILL WINTER HERE

 
What did the Ingalls Family in their Little House do on the Prairie when they had snow? I am very glad for one of these ( snowblowers)
 
 
Winter on the Prairie in Minnesota is here until March 20. There are some years it lasts until the first weeks of April.
 
 
I have decided to do an Easter Egg Hunt indoors this year. It keeps snowing and I don't think it will  melt by Easter. I have only two grandchildren coming so it should be ok.
 
 
It has been snowing all day again so I decided to do some baking
 
 
LEMON POPPYSEED BUNDT CAKE
I had a lemon cake mix to use but am not thrilled with the fake taste so I made a few changes.
one cake mix
4 eggs
1/2 cup oil
3/4 cup water
1/4 cup FRESH lemon juice
2 Tablespoons Poppy seeds
( 1/3 cup flour)
You mix the ingredients all together for 30 seconds or so then beat for 4 minutes. Fold in the poppy seeds. Pour into a greased Bundt pan. Bake for 37-40 minutes at 350 degrees. Cool in pan for 10-15 minutes and turn over on plate to cool. This recipe called for a small box of lemon instant pudding to be added. My cake mix had pudding in the mix so I thought it would be ok but at the bottom of the page it said add the pudding even if it is in the mix so I added the flour instead and it came out good.I like to add a Lemon Glaze so the one I made was one cup powdered surgar and enough Fresh Lemon juice to make a drizzle consistency(1/2 a lemon squeezed)I let the cake cool for about 20 minutes and then poured the glazed over.


No comments: