Followers

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

APPLE WALNUT CHICKEN SALAD

I am always looking to change up a basic chicken salad. I probably eat a chicken salad sandwich once a week. I really like them but it is always nice to change it up from season to season. Today I tried this version

Apple Walnut Chicken Salad
One-half Chicken Breast( cooked)
One celery stalk chopped
3 green onions chopped
1/3 cup chopped apple
1/3 cup roasted walnuts
1/2 cup salad dressing
Pinch or two of poultry seasoning
Salt/pepper to taste

Mix altogether and refrigerate 1/2 hour
I put apples separate in two tablespoons lemon juice to keep from discoloration .
It is best to add apples and walnuts 15-30 minutes before serving. I used this for a sandwich filling and it was delicious.


1 comment:

KathyB. said...

I too love a good chicken salad sandwich and I like your variation on it We will have to try it very soon.