Followers

Friday, May 16, 2014

BLESSINGS

I have regularly been amazed at how God chooses to bless us. He knows what is best for me but there are times when it is difficult to see my way through, kind of like a fog. This week is one of those times. The fog was quite thick and I was having trouble seeing my way clear. Just as I was thinking of giving up I had several blessings that gave me the hope and encouragement I needed. I would like to thank the women who are responsible First was my niece Autumn. A single mother trying to raise 4 children with many challenges of her own. Thank you for making me feel loved it was so appreciated . It was so unexpected . You are amazing. 
Next my sister in laws Cheryl and Jo. You are always so welcoming, kind and giving of yourselves to help others. You always find time to build me up and help me accept the woman I have become.
 The last person I would like to thank is my sister in law Kathryn who probably doesn't even know just sharing some information about her family made me feel less like the black sheep and more like a member of the flock. 
I know I am still grieving the loss of my parents and this has influenced my situation. God has been faithful even when I think he has stepped away. He continues to bless us here on the Prairie. I am so thankful He doesn't give up on me. He has been so faithful when I have wanted to give up. He keeps putting the most unexpected people in my life to keep me hopeful. God is good!
My challenge is remember the smallest things we do can be used by God for good to those who love Him and are called according to His purpose. 
Genesis 50:20 
As for you, you meant evil against me, but God meant it for good.....
God Bless You!!!

1 comment:

KathyB. said...

You have no idea of how much you and your family have been on our ( Jim & Me ) minds and how much we love you and your family. Especially dear to us is your love and encouragement for our daughter and her family. Please believe me when I say this !

Sometimes it is family that hurts us the most, but also family that encourages and helps the most. Truth will not be held down, even if it takes eternity to reveal it. That is where faith steps in and I have learned , slowly and impatiently, that truth is in God's hands.

We have also learned that often family acts for what they THINK is best , but time shows truth, that awful word...truth. God has been so good to you, given you both a wonderful family, you a wonderful husband, and now a quiver-full of grandchildren. You have nothing to fear and godly family to support you...yes, you are tremendously blessed !!!!!!!!!!! ( so are we )