Followers

Monday, November 19, 2012

DAD

I am staying with my dad for a couple of months helping him adjust to losing my mom a couple of weeks ago. He has terminal cancer and may not be here much longer. Both my parents have accepted Jesus as their personal savior so I know they will be in Heaven. This time has been good. I feel we are so blessed to have so many grandchildren and great grandchildren . His memory and my mothers will live on . I grew up without grandparents and again feel so blessed that my grandchildren have had not only grandparents but great grandparent. Dad is longing to be with his wife. We just take one day at a time. God gets us through the hard parts. My prayer is he won't have to suffer to much. His cancer ( angiosarcoma) has spread to his lung. Over the last week breathing is difficult and coughing has become an irritation for him he finds hard to bear. He was a very active healthy man and doesn't like having to sit in a chair most of the day. I hope I am making a difference. I couldn't imagine having to be alone at this time. He has been an inspiration to me. I know God will take him home when he is ready. I feel so blessed I could spend this time with him. I love my dad!









3 comments:

Deanna said...

Dear One, God bless you, strengthen you and comfort you all.

Saying a prayer right now,
d

Anonymous said...

Joining with you in praying for your Dad. Keeping you and your entire family in our prayers this Thanksgiving holiday. With love, Mildred

KathyB. said...

What a legacy God has given us, and I believe dad's faithfulness and humility is an example to us all. I am thankful for a father-in-law who is such an example. I am thankful he is my husband's father, and grandfather & great-grandfather to my children & theirs.