Followers

Thursday, July 10, 2014

VISITORS



Every summer my four grandchildren come for a visit. We have a day at the Mall of America, many days at the splash park and pool, a parade and picnic on the Fourth of July with our own fireworks, many special times with grandma and a few with grandpa. This year we bought two books one for grandpa to read and one for me. How to babysit a grandma and How to babysit a grandpa. They have been a favorite for all the grand kids . I think this is a new market for a children's book author. The books are selling out in my area. I love reading these stories and it looks like others do also. The kids really relate to the stories well. We also got a Sister Like Me by Barbra Jean Hicks it was a good story for these two young ladies who have been having a little difficulty getting along. We think we want a sister just like us but really we find our differences are what makes a better relationship. My husband and I went to college with this author and we're very happy for her and the success of this book and the movie it turned into by Disney.

1 comment:

KathyB. said...

I really have to buy this book and give it to my granddaughters.

Your time with your grandchildren from this neck of the woods is so precious, and of course they are all cute !